By 2030 we need to have ensured that everyone has access to enough nutritious food to prosper. Changing the food system to make this possible, is a collective effort that needs innovative and willing people from all sectors involved. Netherlands Food Partnership (NFP) enables collective impact coalitions of Dutch and international partners who aim to achieve these urgent changes. We believe that transformation can only succeed by inspiring one another to adopt a wider perspective, by challenging one another, and by thinking out of the box.
NFP brings together multiple stakeholders to drive food system changes in Low and Middle Income countries, notably in Africa, Asia and the Middle East. For that purpose NFP organizes with its partners medium and large sized events that aim for learning, collaboration and policy dialogue. These events may take place online, face to face or in a hybrid fashion in order to engage international participation ranging from 20 to 500 participants.
As an Event Organiser you have a crucial role in this ambition
On a typical day you would be assisting your colleagues with organizing event locations, preparing our digital systems and tools for online exchange, and be the contact person for participants. While planning and preparing new events you would make sure that online events can start on time and that new relations are registered in our CRM. In that capacity you would interact with colleagues from Marketing & Communication and topical specialists, ensuring a standard for all our different events, creating a format for easy application to all sorts of gatherings and advising your colleagues on the best way to achieve a successful event.
- You are a sparring partner and advisor for those wanting to organise an event, building on your experiences, best practises and skills for both online and face to face events
- You coordinate contacts with event locations to make sure they deliver the services we need and that logistics are in order
- You manage event registration from start to finish, making sure that invitations and relevant information for participants are send out timely and their questions are answered
- You coordinate that preparatory materials are on time and available for use during events
- You organize the reception of guests at events to make them feel welcome
- You manage and further develop our online tools for exchange to ensure that webinars and other online exchanges run effectively during events
- You coordinate follow up actions after the event like surveys, sending of reports or other materials to all participants
- You manage our CRM to make sure new connections are properly registered for later use, like managing mailing lists and you are responsible for data quality.
- You promote our events in close cooperation with the Marketing & Communication team
- You support event monitoring and evaluation and the gathering of participant appreciation in coordination with our content staff
What we look for
- You have a relevant education / training in Event Management / Support
- You have a maximum of three years of relevant working experience organizing events in different shapes and sizes (online, face-to-face, and from 20 to 500 participants)
- You are have a passion and the right skillset for using and tweaking online (event) tools to facilitate meaningful knowledge exchange
- You have active knowledge of CRM systems
- You are able to identify and address logistical needs on the spot
- You have a welcoming personality, are service oriented and accurate
- You enjoy working in a team but are also a self starter who knows how to prioritise
- You are used to working with clear deadlines, are flexible service oriented both externally as well as towards your colleagues.
- You have a good command of both the Dutch and English language.
What Netherlands Food Partnership offers
You will be working in an inspirational and dynamic, international and informal organisation with highly dedicated professionals for 36 hours a week. We offer you a one year contract. Salary in scale 9 based on experience and qualifications, and competitive employment benefits, in accordance with the "Social Sector CAO".
Are you interested in contributing to the purpose of Netherlands Food Partnership? Send your CV and motivation letter in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Baukje Kleinbekman.