Vacancy | Clim-Eat Administration and Events Officer
Clim-Eat are currently looking for an Administration and Events Officer with experience in project administration, to support the organisation of meetings and events.
JOB DESCRIPTION: ADMINISTRATION AND EVENTS OFFICER
Clim-Eat is a newly established ‘think and do tank’ for food and climate hosted by the Netherlands Food Partnership. Clim-Eat seeks to accelerate a just transition to resilient and low-emission food systems in low and middle income countries through innovative engagement, evidence generation, and outreach efforts. Working with our partners, Clim-Eat will offer thought leadership to provide solutions to pressing issues in food systems. These efforts will be complemented by policy engagement and capacity building efforts with decision makers in the public and private sectors. The Administration and Events Officer helps advance Clim-Eat’s objectives. Specifically, s/he will focus on:
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor Clim-Eat budget and financial income and expenditures;
- Process direct payments, ensure that all administrative and financial transactions are properly carried out, process purchase invoices;
- Manage the registration of incoming funds into the Clim-Eat administrative system;
- Track budget expenditures and update budget documents accordingly to reflect up-to-date budget status of the organisation;
- Process legal contracts for Clim-Eat; assist in drawing up contracts, manage workflow of signees, manage communication with third parties regarding financial administrative issues;
- Manage procurement processes, and
- Support the budgeting process and related reporting.
Thereby, you will;
- Support the organisation of meetings and events (both digitally and in-person);
- Develop and track event budgets, and
- Track expenditures per event
THE CANDIDATE SHALL HAVE THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
We are looking for a candidate that is accurate and flexible in finding solutions for daily financial and administrative challenges. In short, this means that the preferred candidate brings relevant work experience in dealing with such challenges. The candidate should be comfortable with collaborating with non-finance colleagues. The candidate should:
- Have a degree in public or business administration minimum MBO-level, or related.
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in an administrative position.
- Have experience with project administration.
- Have a solutions and results oriented approach.
- Be an analytical thinker able to produce high quality work products in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Have exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Have the ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative and decentralised environment, and operate under tight deadlines.
- Possess solid knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential and prior experience with AllSolutions is an asset.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Dutch.
Thereby, having previous work experience in the public sector or NGO is preferred.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
The candidate will be contracted by the Netherlands Food Partnership, and be based in Utrecht (the Netherlands), although it is also possible to partially work from home/remotely. The candidate needs to have the right to work in the Netherlands. The contract will be full time (1 FTE) until 31 December 2022.
We offer a challenging role with remuneration commensurate with experience, indicatively at scale 9 (2.956 - 4.358 Euro gross per month for a full time equivalent of 36 hours) of the Collective Labour Agreement for Social Work. This role also comes with a high degree of independence and a very flexible and multicultural working environment.
To apply for this position, eligible candidates can submit their cover letter (max. 1 page) and CV (max. 2 pages) to Wiebe Smit, Clim-Eat Program and Policy Specialist, at email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 15 June 2022, but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Shortlisted candidates may be requested to provide professional references.