Webinar | Digital solutions for smallholder farmers: the challenges and opportunities of COVID-19
Presentations of the webinar “Digital solutions for smallholder farmers: the challenges and opportunities of COVID-19” on Thursday August 27, are available as recording and downloads. This was the second webinar in a series of three focusing on “Digital opportunities in the response to COVID-19 in Asian & Africa agriculture”.
The Community of Pratice 'Digital Solutions' is set up to exchange learning across practitioners on the use of digital solutions in COVID-19 response, recovery and resilience in agriculture. The webinar series aims at communicating those learnings to a broader and interested audience, also inviting participants to sign up for the CoP. The second webinar was co-hosted by the Netherlands Space Office (NSO) and the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) and facilitated by Joanna Ruiter, Advisor Satellite Applications at NSO.
Four speakers shared their best practices and lessons learned in relation with digital technologies to engage with smallholder farmers in times of COVID-19:
- Lennecke Braam, Regional Manager South East Asia at ICCO Cooperation
- Dhimas Putranto, Programme Manager of SMARTseeds.
- Ad Rietberg, Director Agri-Wallet
- Faith Mulwa, Chief Financial Officer Dodore Kenya
PowerPoint presentations to download
- Webinar general presentation
- Presentation by Ad Rietberg, Director Agri-Wallet
- Presentation by Faith Mulwa, Chief Financial Officer Dodore Kenya
After a fruitful discussion with the experts and participants, Mariska Lammers of the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs closed the session.
If you have missed the second Webinar but are interested in what has been shared, there is a full recording available: