Webinar | Providing Liquidity in Agri Value Chains with Digital Solutions
Presentations of the webinar “Providing Liquidity in Agri Value Chains with Digital Solutions” held on September 17 are availabe as recording and downloads. This webinar was the last in a series of three focusing on “Digital opportunities in the response to COVID-19 in Asian & Africa agriculture”.
The Community of Practice Digital Solutions is set up to exchange learning across practitioners on the use of digital solutions in COVID-19 response, recovery and resilience in agriculture. The webinar series aims at communicating those learnings to a broader and interested audience, also inviting participants to sign up for the Community of Practice . The third and last webinar was co-hosted by the by the Netherlands platform for Inclusive Finance (NpM), the Netherlands Space Office (NSO) and 2SCALE and facilitated by Aarno Keijzer, SME Finance & Geodata at NpM.
Three speakers shared their insights on best practices and lessons learned in relation with digital technologies and financial services:
- Lexy Ratering Arntz, Head of Impact Strategy of VanderSat: Satellite-based soil moisture records for increased access to financial services.
- Peter Breitenbach, Head of Strategy & Products, Mezzanine Ware (Pty) Ltd.: Digitisation of agriculture as a way to enable/boost local food production.
- Akua Benewaa Okrah, Digital Innovations Task Force Member and Hammond Mensah, Head of Impact Investment Solidaridad: Opportunities for scaling up smallholder finance in cocoa landscapes at speed using digital platforms.
PowerPoint presentations to download
- Presentation of VanderSat
- Presentation of Mezzanine Ware (PvT) Ltd.
- Presentation of Solidaridad
- Presentation of Solidaridad and Financial Access
After the presentations, the participants engaged with the experts during a fruitful discussion on providing liquidity in agri value chains with digital solutions.
If you have missed the third webinar but are interested in what has been shared, there is a full recording available: