Africa Works! 2022
Within the overarching theme “Innovation for Resilient Growth”, Africa Works! 2022 – together with knowledge partner TNO – focuses on innovative solutions for sustainable economic recovery including challenges linked to food, water, and energy in Africa. The main questions to be addressed are – what can be done to support Africa in taking ‘the great jump forward’? And what role can the private sector – Dutch and African – play in this?
- 28 Jun 2022
- The Netherlands-African Business Council (NABC) | Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands | TNO
- More information
Time: 8:30 - 17:30 CEST
€200 - Early Bird (NABC Members)
€350 - Early Bird (Normal Price)
- Amare Theatre, The Hague
The importance of innovation has been further emphasised by the COVID-19 crisis that exposed the fragility of interconnected economies, leading to calls for increased “resilience” in the recovery phase. Innovative thinking is increasingly promoted to address some of the grand challenges of the 21st century: providing food, water, and energy to the continent’s soaring population (by 2030, one in five people will be African), while staying within the limits of an intricately linked system that is undergoing (climate) change. Africa Works! 2022 is designed to promote and facilitate international trade between Africa and the Netherlands, facilitate foreign direct investment in Africa, and provide a platform to expand or establish business operations in Africa.
Africa Works! 2022 will feature once again world-class speakers, high-quality workshops and interesting country-focus sessions, investment pitches, and networking.
Leisje Schreinemacher - Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands
Rosmarijn Fens - Managing Director, Netherlands-African Business Council (NABC)
Ayokunu Adedokun - Assistant Professor of Public Policy and International Development, Leiden University
Africa Works! aims to:
- Accelerate the financing of priority investments projects;
- Make visible the investment and trade opportunities in different African countries;
- Connect Dutch/European companies with competent authorities, and businesses from Africa;
- Accelerate strategic partnerships between businesses;
- Facilitate Public-Private-Partnerships;
- Connect international investors with interesting and fast-growing companies; and
- Much more!