CCAFS @ COP26 | Science, Policy and Practice: Connecting the dots to shape climate-smart food systems
CCAFS are hosting a side event at COP26 on 5 November, which will address how gaps between science and the implementation of solutions to shape climate-smart food systems, can be closed.
- 05 Nov 2021
- More information
- Benelux-EIB Pavilion - COP26 and Online
The gap between science and implementation has been a key deterrent to shape climate-smart food systems, efforts are urgently needed to address this gap. In this event, findings from recent evidence on this gap from the public and private sectors, as well as perspectives from key stakeholders will be shared. Following these interventions, the role of science in addressing these gaps and current challenges to improve linkages will also be articulated. These interventions will be interspersed with discussions with the audience on the way forward.
AGENDA & SPEAKERS
- Moderator: Marcel van Nijnatten, Coordinator, Food Security Unit, Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality, The Netherlands
- Viktoria de Bourbon de Parme, Food Transformation Lead, World Benchmarking Alliance
- John Furlow, Director of the International Research Institute for Climate and Society, Columbia University
- Ishmael Sunga, CEO, Southern African Confederation of Agricultural Unions
- Ana Maria Loboguerrero, Head of Global Policy Research, CCAFS
- Dhanush Dinesh, Head of Partnerships and Outreach, CCAFS
The event will close with the launch of a new ‘think and do tank’ for food and climate, in which NFP will be an active member. Further details will be made available in the coming days and weeks on the our website and social media channels.