NL-CGIAR Conference | Partnering for Global Food Security
On 2 and 3 November 2022 NWO-WOTRO celebrated the NL-CGIAR research programme and the partnerships within the programme with the online conference on ‘Partnering for Global Food Security - Advancing knowledge and innovation for food system transformation’.
The aim was to actively discuss the research programme’s outcomes, provide insights and contribute to Global Food Security. Both afternoons were filled with e.g. a keynote speech by CGIAR’s global director of partnerships and advocacy Juan Lucas Restrepo on food system transformation, an interactive ‘food fight’ debate on the role of the private sector, a poster session and four thematic sessions which informed and inspired scientists, policy makers, and stakeholders from companies, public authorities and NGOs. Amanda Harding (Convene) moderated the conference.
Interested in more information about the NL-CGIAR research programme? We recommend you to look at the following information sources:
- Watch the short animation video about the programme
- See the results of the NL-CGIAR synthesis study with three thematic papers on
- The role of public policy in food system transformation
- Smallholder diversity and agri-food value chains
- Public-private partnerships in international agricultural research
- Three short animation videos about the three thematic areas
- Three ‘Food Fight’ debates
- One approach paper (a reflection on the set up of the NL-CGIAR research programme and its instruments)
- The NL-CGIAR magazine, which presents the partnerships, research highlights and integrated approach of the programme in columns, cases, visions and featured articles on the synthesis study.
The NL-CGIAR research programme is part of a cooperation agreement (2017-2022) between the government of the Netherlands and CGIAR, the global research partnership for a food-secure future dedicated to transforming food, land, and water systems in a climate crisis.. The programme is funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, implemented by NWO-WOTRO; in close collaboration with CGIAR, the Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality and the Netherlands Food Partnership.